As a leading global exchange group, Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) and TSX Venture Exchange (TSXV) are well-positioned to deliver benefits to our listed companies.
2017 Guide to Listing
An introductory guide to the Canadian capital markets, including listing requirements, listing vehicles and sector profiles.
Technical Guide to Listing
A more detailed guide to listing on TSX and TSXV.
Legal & Tax Guide for U.S. Companies
Learn about legal and tax considerations for U.S. companies looking to go public on our markets.
A detailed guide for public companies looking to dual list in our marketplace.
Benefits of Listing
- On average, companies listed on TSX are covered by four analysts, whereas TSXV-listed companies are covered by one analyst
- Canadian companies that are inter or dual-listed on a U.S. exchange are covered by an average of nine analysts (more coverage than their counterparts that list only on a U.S. Exchange)
- Companies listed on TSX are eligible to be included in the S&P/TSX Composite Index and other S&P/TSX sector indices; TSXV listed companies are eligible to be included in the S&P/TSX Venture Composite Index
- According to Benefits Canada, almost one-third of Canadian pension fund assets invested in Canadian stocks are managed using index-based investing strategies, benefiting companies with increased visibility and improved investor awareness
- Click here to access a list of all S&P/TSX indices.
- In addition to retail investors, a listing on TSX/TSXV can get an issuer noticed by the Canadian institutional investment community. Canadian portfolio managers funnel 70% of their money into Canadian assets
- Canadian investors and analysts tend to be better-informed and risk tolerant, have lower turnover in their portfolios, and more likely to stick with Canadian investments for the longer term
Well-regulated and Fully-automated Marketplace
- Because most of our trading rules are built into our automated systems, TSX and TSXV ensure consistent treatment of all orders, enhancing investor confidence in the fairness of our market
Expertise and Innovation
- Our expertise expands beyond our traditional base of the resource sectors, to include global leaders in Financial Services, as well as hundreds of companies in the dynamic innovation sectors, such as Technology, Clean Technology and Life Sciences